Insurance Services Done Rite logo

Jennifer Palubicki

Insurance Services Done Rite

(920) 450-0685

How To Get Drug Coverage

Medicare has gone through a number of changes in the last few years and it can be hard to keep up with how policies evolve and how the market fluctuates. Some of these changes have been beneficial for all involved while others shift resources to areas that require individuals to make adjustments to secure their quality of life. Insurance Services Done Rite is here to help make sure you can keep living the life you want.

If you are turning 65 years of age and looking for a Medicare plan, Insurance Services Done Rite insurance experts provide access to the carriers you need in order to make an informed decision from every available Medicare option. We offer trustworthy guidance and solid expertise that seniors can benefit from when making one of the most important decisions regarding their healthcare coverage.

How to join a drug plan

Once you choose a Medicare drug plan, here's how you may be able to join:

  • Enroll on the Medicare Plan Finder or on the plan's website.
  • Complete a paper enrollment form.
  • Call the plan.
  • Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227).

When you join a Medicare drug plan, you'll give your Medicare number and the date your Part A and/or Part B coverage started. This information is on your Medicare card.


Joining a Medicare drug plan may affect your Medicare Advantage Plan

If your Medicare Advantage Plan (Part C) includes prescription drug coverage and you join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (Part D), you'll be dis-enrolled from your Medicare Advantage Plan and returned to Original Medicare.

Some pharmacy chains offer their own DISCOUNT plans. These normally will not affect your ability to be in a Part D Plan. They will work in conjunction with it to help you save even more.

Senior Care is a Prescription Plan for Seniors age 65 or older through the State Of Wisconsin. You can apply online or through the help of your local Aging & Disability Resources Office (ADRC) or an experienced insurance professional.  You can have Senior Care in addition to a stand -alone Part D prescription plan.

VA insurance or Tri Care is another way to access prescription coverage if you are eligible through your service in the military or you are a tribal member.

It is best to seek out professional assistance when it comes to finding the right part D plan for you based on your prescriptions and where and how you get them filled. An experienced insurance professional can help you with this. A professional will ask you a lot of questions. It is important to make sure you are getting the appropriate coverage based on how much you take and how often.  By factoring this along with the cost of the prescriptions you take it may be possible to avoid the dreaded donut hole or at the very least make it easier to plan for it. I am here to help. Call to schedule an in-home free no obligation consultation .  (920)450-0685